Gluten free, no nuts or refined sugar brownie!
This recipe has been adapted from #hemsleyhemsley
Melissa and Jasmine’s recipes and books are my source of endless inspiration.
I have tried so many gluten free recipes, but this is by far the best tasting gluten free brownie I’ve ever had.
There’s no nuts in it, as my daughter is allergic so feel free to jazz it up with some pecan or cashew nuts.
I have tweaked and replaced one can of beans with roasted sweet potato. It makes the brownie so gooey and yummy 😋
1 x 400g tin cooked black beans, drained
250g roasted sweet potatoes
200g unsalted butter
4 large eggs
85g (3oz) unsweetened cocoa powder
150ml (5fl oz) maple syrup
2 tbsp salted caramel extract
4 pitted dates
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/330°F.
- Rinse the black beans and leave to drain.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat, then set it aside.
- Place the drained beans, sweet potatoes, eggs, cocoa powder, maple syrup, salted caramel extract and dates into a food processor with a large pinch of salt.
- Pulse a few times and then blend until smooth.
- Add the melted butter, while the machine is running.
- Grease the inside of a 24 x 20cm baking tin.
- Pour in the brownie batter.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the brownie feels firm and springy and its surface is cracked.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Refrigerate and it will keep for 2-3 days (probably not though 😋)