Accessible for all levels. Our yoga classes make you feel great, help you focus and relax.
What is Yoga?
Yoga is so much more than a physical exercise. It’s a group of practices including physical exercise, breath, relaxation and meditation. Its main aim is to create a connection between all of them.
We strongly believe that anyone can do yoga. You don’t have to be flexible, fit or have a certain body shape. Also, don’t intimidated by the fancy yoga terminology or complicated poses! Soon enough you’ll know the difference between your Adho mukha svanasana (Downward Dog) and
Vrksasana (Tree Pose). We aim to make our classes accessible to all levels
What are the benefits of Yoga?
- Yoga makes you feel great! You will feel more balanced, present, connected to yourself and your body.
- Yoga makes you more flexible! You’ll build muscle memory, your body will be more supple and you’ll increase your range of motion.
- Yoga improves your energy levels! Have you ever done a yoga class at the end of the week, completely tired and realised at the end of a yoga session that you feel like a different person and much more energised?
- Yoga will help you focus! Your mind will become quieter and clutter-free and you’ll find it easier to manage your attention.
- Yoga will make you stronger! Both physically and mentally, with each yoga class, you’ll build strength, which helps prevent injuries, boosts your metabolism and immune system.
- Yoga will help you relax and reduce anxiety! Physically deepening the breath, improving your posture and softening the muscles will help reduce anxiety and relax your body and mind.
- Yoga will improve your balance! Both your physical and mental balance will be greatly improved with a regular yoga practice. Yoga helps strengthen the muscles in your feet and improves spatial awareness.
- Yoga will help you get to know yourself better! You’ll notice more things about yourself, have a lot of ‘Aha!’ moments and connect to your ‘self’. You will also become more compassionate and accepting to yourself and others.
- Yoga is a life-long practice! Contrary to some beliefs, yoga isn’t just for young and bendy folk. You can practice yoga at any stage of your life. It’s all about finding the right practice for you!
What type of yoga do we teach at Wellbeing in Your Home?
There are different types of yoga e.g. Ashtanga, Yin, Vinyasa, Hatha, Kundalini, and so many other varieties! It’s worth trying out a few styles and decide what speaks to you. At Wellbeing in Your Home we teach a dynamic yoga with emphasis on breath, relaxation, self-compassion and kindness, and making it accessible to everybody. Reading the description for each class you book will give you a good idea what to expect. No two classes will have the same sequence, but after a few classes you will become familiar with some common elements, e.g. the Sun Salutations and relaxation. Each class usually has a theme or intention.
How often should I practice yoga?
We believe that by practicing yoga 3 times a week minimum you’ll notice significant changes in your mood and your physical wellbeing. But… if you can only squeeze one class into your busy week, that’s OK, too! What’s important is a regular and consistent yoga practice.
Our motto is ‘just get on the mat and see what happens’! We look forward to seeing you!